Thursday, February 4, 2010

Raw Protein Smoothies



Lately I've really been digging my hemp protein powder from Nutiva. I have two flavors, chocolate and berry, but I mostly use my berry kind. I've been doing a lot of running and DVD workouts lately...I also try to do a situp-program whenever possible (I've already managed to make it up to 91 situps...almost 100!) Even though it's the heart of winter where I live, after a good workout a cold, smoothie is what I crave! I ran 5 miles today, the first time in a long time, so that felt really good. I'm making it my goal to train without stopping, just to slow down my pace when I need it...so I was speeding along. FELT SO GOOD! I love it when you just feel in the GROVE for running. Before that I did 20 minutes of interval training and I'm pretty sure housework counts as part of your fitness outtake. ;0)

Here's a couple smoothies that I've been loving lately! I even posted the nutritional info along with it...I personally find it very helpful and fun to track my protein and fibre intake...I don't care too much about carbs, fat, or sugar (as long as it's generally on the healthy side, lol), but I like to know I'm taking in enough of the other two.


SMOOTHIE #1.

1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
1 banana
4 TB. raw hemp protein powder (I used berry flavour, but it really doesn't matter)
1 TB. flaxseed
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup raw almond milk

Blend and top with bee pollen for extra energy.

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

Calories: 358
Total fat: 6.9g (mind you, this is the HEALTHY fats we NEED!)
Carbs: 71.8g
Fibre: 16.7 (which is really good for a shake!!!)
Sugars: 43.4g
Protein: 11.8g



SMOOTHIE #2.
1/4 cup apple juice
1 TB. coconut oil (I used Efa Gold brand)
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
4 TB. hemp protein powder
1 TB. flaxseed
1/4 cup almond milk

BLEND and top with sparkly, blue manna flakes for extra super food power...or drink as is. :0)

NUTRITIONAL INFO:

Calories: 392
Fat: 19.5g
Carb: 50.5
Fibre: 13g
Sugars: 28.1g
Protein: 8.3
This is our winter wonderland and our beautiful house our family built ourselves...
blog comments powered by Disqus