Friday, April 16, 2010

It's a Coming...

I'm pretty sure I'm the worst blogger ever. Yup.

Moving on...I DID 8 MILES THIS WEEK! Yay! It took me an hour and a half of solid running. This time, instead of the dates, I drank a natural electrolyte powdered drink from Jamieson. Though it took foreeevvveerrrrr, and I had maybe 5-10 minutes of cramps, and my hip hurt the last 3 miles or so, it was one of my runs where I just had ENERGY for it. You know, sometimes you feel it and sometimes you don't. Sometimes even a quick 3 mile run just is a DRAG, simply because I have no energy and it's the worst run ever. Do you runners ever have those days? Today wasn't bad either. I just hopped out of the shower after 20 minutes of high-interval training and then a 4 mile run...I had a good workout with both. But I sure do love those days where you feel you can do anything because you have so much ENERGY inside of you!

Thank you all for the comments on the last post and the great ideas ya'll had. I'm looking forward to trying them. The coconut water seemed to be a running theme, and I need to do that more often. Claire, for one, had a great idea....here's her comment.

"For a mid-workout snack I find nothing better than 3 or 4 medjool dates, mixed with some pumpkin seeds or almonds and a touch of sea salt. I bring this in a little bag when I go mountain biking. I eat it mid ride (I go about 30 miles on my normal track) and it keeps me going strong!!"

I'm going to have to do that next run!

Now since I'm absolutely starved from all the exercise I need to EAT before I start chewing on my arm! :0) I'm off to eat a big, green salad with olive oil. Mmmmmm....
blog comments powered by Disqus