Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Apple Green Juice

Breakfast for this morning:

Apple Green Juice


Juice these all together and stir...


1 head of Romaine lettuce


some spinach leaves


3 BIG Swiss Chard leaves


3 small apples (this is how I like to use up the brown, bruised apples no one else wants)


3 stalks celery


And Darby (who has a blog about making homemade beauty "potions" - check it out) asked me, "Are you Vegetarian or Vegan?"


And the answer is, "No. I'm actually not. I don't really like labels or restrictions, I like freedom to eat whatever I want (which strangely enought often keeps me away from the bad stuff). I think I could be perfectly fine without meat, since I rarely crave it. But I like to keep my distance from red meats, unless they're organic...I really try to stay away from dairy products such as milk and the processed, dyed cheeses...but there are dairy products I do like. I love yogurt, cottage cheese, and right now, a favorite is goat cheese. I really want raw and whole foods to be the core of my diet, but I don't ever strap myself from something I really feel like. I used to be really extreme about my diet, which actually caused stress, now I'm seeking balance. I would like to be more vegetarian and vegan inclined though."

blog comments powered by Disqus