Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Pampering with Ice-Cream

...It's been quite a few days since my sister got married, so with all the busy-ness of company, cleaning up after the wedding, and whatnot, we've been trying to adjust to life without her...which in our case is more difficult than some. Not only are we an extremely close family, but as a lot of you know, we have a family music group. Elizabeth was what we call the "key pin" of our music. She played banjo, mandolin, guitar, harmonica, piano, and violin (not all at once, of course, lol). As you can imagine that leaves quite a gaping hole...but actually I've been very surprised at how quickly we're managing without her. I've taken up her banjo and a lot of her singing parts...and in the future, will work on some of the other things she has done.

We're singing the next two weekends and preparing for that and then going to my sister's 2nd reception where her new home is (which will take a couple weeks because it's 6 days travelling total), and then afterwards we'll have more singing engagements. So I'm afraid my blogging might be a bit sporadic, but I'm sure it will be very easy to find it in your heart to forgive me.

Now to the creamy, caramelly subject (which I hope you shall enjoy)...

Caramel Ice Cream with Chocolate Fudge Chunks

1 3/4 c. cashews (soaked for an hour or so)

1/4 c. tahina

1/2 c. maple syrup

1 c. young coconut meat

1 1/2 c. young coconut water (or nut milk or water)

1 tsp. pure vanilla

pinch of pink salt

Blend this in your high-speed blender and then process in your ice-cream maker with the manufacturer's instructions (they always say that in the recipes...thought I'd sound professional, lol)

Once in the ice-cream maker, you can add Chocolate Fudgey Chunks (just mix 1-2 TB. coconut oil, 2 T. organic cocoa, pinch of salt and a little vanilla and then refrigerate until hard...cut those into little chunks) as the ice-cream spins.

Hope you love it as much as I am! This recipe makes a lot, so I put most of it right in the freezer for whenever the ice-cream craving hits me...a girl's gotta be prepared.

4 comments:

Rose said...

This looks so good!

HiHoRosie said...

YUMMY!!!

Kristen's Raw said...

Your ice cream sounds fantastic!

How cool about your musical life :)

Cheers,
Kristen

Dhrumil said...

Looks crazy good!