Saturday, November 1, 2008

Juices to Smoothies

One thing I like about raw foods is their versatility. Sometimes I just wanna fresh, vibrant juice and most other times I want a succulent smoothie...and the cool thing is, for either craving you can use the same recipe.

Take this drink (above) ... I blended it...whereas Heidi from HiHoRosie's Place, she juiced it. Either way, it was superb. (here's the recipe). have an amazing book called "The Juicing Bible". It has the most delicious recipes invented and I like the fact that if I want, I can use it for blending or juicing, though both have their benefits.

Smoothies are really incredible because they contain all the fibre from the plant ingredients and sweep and clean out our systems like a good broom. Juices are amazing because they swiftly go through your body delivering a host of vitamins, nutrients, and minerals immediately, without really any bother of digestion on the body's part...it's like a healing tonic.

Often, I've looked at juicing recipes, wanting the flavor of the drink, but not wanting to waste all that good fibre, so...what to do?. The simple solution. Blend it.

Question: What's your favorite topping for your smoothies? Mine is bee pollen and cacao nibs.

blog comments powered by Disqus