Monday, January 26, 2009


Lately I've been more structured with my running...altho' I'm very much a novice, I feel like I'm getting a little better, even looking forward to it a bit more.


I guess in all honesty, I don't really like running...but I do love the feeling afterwards...it's so amazing...like a clean energy burning through you and I usually have a lot more energy for the rest of the day. I like to run in the morning, when I first get up and my stomach is empty. Afterwards, I've been experimenting with green smoothies and protein shakes for recovery and re-hydrating my body. It's amazing how detoxing vigorous exercise really is...afterwards, I sweat like crazy and get that pink glow all over, and I usually have a little bit of phlegm to get rid of. It's odd too, sometimes after a run all my dead skin on my lips just comes off by itself.

This morning I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and then I fueled my body for the rest of the day with this:

I call it...

Runner's Smoothie (ain't I original??? I try, lol)

1 tsp. maca (help get your adrenals back on track)

1 aloe vera leaf (gel)

1 tsp. raw honey

2 leaves of kale (stemmed)

3 oz. spinach

1/2 navel orange

1 banana (froz.)

1 tsp. raw coconut oil

Blend this all up with a little water and some ice cubes. When it's whirled up, top with bee pollen and raw cacao nibs for maxium energy!

If any of you guys are into running, I want your biggest tips...post them in the comment box below. I especially love info with running raw, which I'm really excited about right now. Tell me your secrets.
blog comments powered by Disqus