Monday, April 28, 2008

Frozen berries and Yumberrys

I have a lovely habit of ill-timing. I choose to do this fruit cleanse, right when nearly our entire house is out of produce. Yesterday, I managed alright, but today I ate rather lightly and drank a lot of water.

Breakfast~ Frozen berries blended into a chunky sorbet, and then a date


Snack~ A couple more dates


Lunch~ A tomato (can you sense my desperate-ness? ...That was all the fresh "fruit" left, and yes, it is scientifically a fruit)


Snack~ Some dried figs and a couple dates and a Yumberry juice


Supper~ Oh, I long for supper, even though I don't know what it will be. My parents are in town today so they will bring home food, glorious food...and most importantly fruit. I'm thinking of bananas, oranges, mangos, and young coconuts. (happy sigh)


I don't mind eating all fruit and I don't feel really any deprivation, but to do a fruit cleanse without real, juicy fruit...well, it can be a challenge. It wasn't my initial idea to be eating some dried fruit in these three days, but if you're hungry, you're hungry. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the perfect time of the year to eat lots of berries. I love that they are plentiful in the stores right now.

Good luck with your fruit feasting! :-)

Lots of love to you,

Wendi Dee
XOXOXO

p.s. I'm not able to simply type my name and blog in order to comment--it is making me log into something. So, I'm logging into an old journal. My real blog is at:

www.purejeevan.com/blog (which you've been visiting! :-) Thanks for stopping by!)

XOXOXO

Penni said...

I love berries too! Frozen berries are a treat. You body has to be thanking you right now for all the fruit juicy goodness! I hope you're feeling well today!

xo....Penni

Charis said...

Thanks Wendi! Love your blog! Ohhh, and berries really are divinity! We're growing our own strawberries this year. Happy sigh.

Penni~ I bet you're eating lots of juicy berries. Mmmmm...I'm longing for fresh ones...it's really only strawberries that are on the market right now.