Friday, April 18, 2008

Orange Memories

I can't believe we're back home! So many good memories. It was the best singing trip we've ever taken, meeting so many new friends, seeing old friends, singing fun places, and going on a bit of a holiday in between. God was so good and it was such a special time. Now that we're back you can expect me to post more regularly.

One of my highlights was picking oranges off a tree for the first time in my life! It was so fun! We were staying at a family's place who juice oranges nearly every day, in large amounts, so I got to juice oranges in an citrus juicer for the first time too!

Mom and I with our freshly made orange juice...such fun!


I'm actually picking oranges...off trees!

We brought home so many oranges that we were able to leave a bag at many, many people's home's we stayed at afterwards. The friend's we were staying at were so generous to give us so much of their fruit. Even now, we have a big basket on our table just asking to be devoured. Actually, at this moment my sister Anne-Marie is making fresh orange juice, Vita-Mix style.

Here's her easy-peasy recipe (it tastes like Orange Julius!)

Anne-Marie's Easy Orange Juice

Oranges, peeled with not too much white pith on

Water

Ice

I didn't give measurements, because it's really up to you...how sweet you like it, how thin, how watery or juicy, or how cold. :0) It's good to have water and ice because then the sugar level isn't so high. If you're making fresh fruit juices, it's usually a good idea to add some amount of water.

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Welcome back! You were missed. I would love to have my own orange tree. Ah. Nothing better than fresh orange juice.

Penni said...

Those oranges look so amazing! I have never picked oranges from a tree either, but I hope to one day! Glad you're safely back home now. I just love your wonderful blog!

Love to you,
Penni

Charis said...

Thanks Hiedi and Penni! You both just warmed the cockles of my heart. It's sure good to be back!

melindapollard said...

ooh that looks like so much fun! I love fresh juiced oranges- and all your pictures are so adorable!:)