Thursday, March 13, 2008

Celebration Time...I did it!


The Raw Diva Detox is over! So it's time for a big batch of raw ice-cream! ;0) This was the most incredible tasting confection ever, definitely going to make it over again...and again...and again. It's none other than the famous "One Lucky Duck Ice-Cream" recipe by Sarma, which is not only in "Raw Food Real World" but also Carol Alt's "The Raw 50". Ohhhh, the options are endless with this blessing from heaven. I made the standard vanilla and then added some cacao nibs to make, you guessed it, Cacao Chip Ice-Cream (that's the top scoop). And then, I swirled a stiff chocolate sauce (maple syrup or raw agave nectar mixed with cacao powder, cocoa powder, or ground carob) and peanut butter (all natural and organic, just ground up, pasty peanuts) in the other half of the vanilla ice-cream for "Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl". I'm already dreaming up other variations like Peppermint Patty, Cookie Dough, Strawberry Pink Perfection...oh dear, I'm giving myself an appetite. If you have either recipe book, "Raw Food Real World" or "The Raw 50", pull it out and make a batch of this angel's food.

Sigh, I think I need some more. But there's one really great thing about this ice-cream...you know when you've had enough. The commercial ice-cream just leaves you wanting to gulp down the whole gallon (come on, admit it!), but this is so creamy and rich, that you know exactly when you need to stop. One big scoop is seriously all I can eat at one time (and I'm the Ice-Cream Queen). This is very handy, since I'll have more on hand for later when another ice-cream attack comes on, lol.


I put the leftovers in four little containers and threw them in the freezer...now I have four instant desserts all ready for me, but somehow I don't think they'll last long.

Back to the detox...my thoughts: It was fun, hard (I admit it!), and it actually didn't end the way I wanted it to. Our family was invited to supper at the neighbors so I had to break the detox one meal early, but that's okay. I still did fine. I loved the way I learned to like salads in such a simple state, you know, just lemon squeezed on it or with a juicy tomato adorning each leaf with flavour. Now, when I think my body needs it, I want to go for the simplest simple. Maybe mono meals (if that's what my body wants) or just fruit for lunch or breaky. I'm so glad I did it and I HIGHLY recommend it!


I think I'll run downstairs and just have one more spoonful of ice-cream. ;0)

4 comments:

HiHoRosie said...

Thanks the blog add - I'm honored! Once I add my blogroll I would like to add yours too.

That ice cream looks heavenly! I think I might OD on raw ice cream. I liked the conventional stuff but only in limited amounts (too heavy). I was one of the lucky ones who could buy a pint of ice cream and take FOREVER to eat it and sometimes I would have to throw it out! The thing is I do like ice cream so having a raw version has piqued my curiosity. I have a feeling I'd really love it and eat a lot of it! :-D

Charis said...

Well, I know what it's like to OD on things. ;0) At least it's totally healthy for you! That's the great part! Hugs!

shannonmarie said...

Congrats. Now that's the way to celebrate :-)

Charis said...

Thanks Shannon! I did deserve that, didn't I? ;)