Sunday, March 9, 2008

Stimulation...an Addiction?

One of the great things about this detox is just the whole idea of enjoying vegetables, greens, and fruits for how they are. You know, without all the dressings, dips, sauces, yogurts, or oils. I love these things, but I'm learning to enjoy a simple salad with the simplest of dressings. A juicy tomatoe, crunchy sprouted lentils, or maybe a few olives sprinkled on. I really like lemon juice just squeezed right on, so easy and somehow it just makes you feel sophisticated. ;) As if that's possible with me. Next time I have a salad I might try squeezing some orange juice on.

Something that really made sense to me in the Raw Diva Detox booklet was about how we, or I should say I, eat often for stimulation. I'll often eat because the clock says so, everyone else is eating, there's food in front of me, or I just want to. There's nothing really wrong with that, but the main point of eating is hunger, right? I'm guilty. I love food. Stimulation for food is stated as an addiction, well, I suppose that's true...but even though it is (sly smile) I'm still going to enjoy my raw ice creams and puddings while I read a book or watch a movie in the evening, even if I'm not hungry. But I want to make that more of treat, rather than a rule. I love having snacks in the evening, but I want to try to listen to my body more. We'll see how it all turns out. ;0)

Menu for today:

B~ 2 grapefruits

L~ salad and 2 oranges

D~ ??? don't know quite yet ???

0 comments: