Thursday, January 17, 2008

Health/Raw Questionaire

DAY 17

This has been floating around on a few blogs now, so finally I decided to fill it out for fun.

1. Favorite home-made nut (non-dairy) milk? Almond milk, oh, it's so good in shakes, smoothies, granola...
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to make(cook)? I want to make a raw casserole, an apple crumble, and a kale avocado salad soon
3. Topping of choice for popcorn? When I'm not eating all raw, I like the simple. Coconut oil and salt sound good on popcorn.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure? A green salad dressing where I put in practically anything I saw in the fridge. It wasn't very nice.
5. Favorite pickled item? I don't know. Pickles?
6. How do you organize your recipes? I have my raw recipe books in a stack in my room and if I find a recipe I like on the web I'll bookmark it or something similar.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal? Compost anything that can be. The rest of our trash we collect and then burn ourselves.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)? Bananas, avocados, and perhaps a green powder.
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood? When I watched "Winnie the Pooh" I loved sucking on a tablespoon of honey. The honey on the video always looked so yummy.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream? The coconut ice-cream from Raw Food Real World. I love that stuff!
11. Most loved kitchen appliance? Vita-Mix and Processor, oh and I can't leave the coffee grinder out either.
12. Spice/herb you would die without? I wouldn't die without any of them, but I sure love parsley, cilantro, oh, and mint is sure good.
13.Recipe (Cook) book you have owned for the longest time? "Rejuvenate your Life" by Serene Allison (still a favourite)
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly? Raspberry or strawberry
15. Favorite raw (vegan) recipe to serve to an friend? Banana ice-creams, salads, raw treats
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh? Tofu
17. Favorite meal to make (cook) (or time of day to cook)? Raw chocolate pudding ice-cream, that is seriously, so incredible. It's so healthy you can eat it for a main course and is simple, simple to make. I like making things when I feel like it. :0)
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator? Cookbooks, papers, and a cell phone
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking. Raw treat balls I just made, sunflower seeds, pine nuts
20. What's on your grocery list? Young coconut, organic cocoa, medjool dates, eggplant are some I can think of
21. Favorite grocery store? Trader Joes, but the fact I live in Canada means we can't visit it very often. (sniff, sniff)
22. Name a recipe you'd love to rawify (veganize), but haven't yet. A pita-type flat bread
23. Food blog you read the most? I like Shannonmarie's Rawdorable (http://www.rawdorable.blogspot.com/) and Carmella's Sunny Raw Kitchen (http://www.thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/). A few of many.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate? LaraBars, Medjool dates
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately? Goji berries maybe, but they weren't very much
26. Veganaise or Nayonaise? Never tried either.
27. What is one recipe or ingredient or cooking technique that you've become familiar with in the last year or two that you can't imagine you ever lived without? Working with the Vita-Mix!
28. Do you have a food inspiration in your life? Someone who taught you a lot about making a certain dish, or about food prep in general, or someone who taught you how to truly enjoy food? My Mother is an awesome cook, she hardly ever uses recipes because she's so creative. Whatever she makes tastes great. My sister, Anne-Marie loves gourmet cooking, so she's inspiring to me too. We both have really similar taste buds, so that's fun.

0 comments: