Saturday, January 19, 2008

Spinach Casserole


DAY 19
Sometimes you just crave comfort food. Especially on a cold, snowy day when you long for something warm and cozy. This just about fits the bill! Oh, it was so good! Bless Carmella from www.thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com for posting her recipe. It had zucchini noodles tossed with a "cheesy" sauce (which was so good), marinated mushrooms that tasted fried, marinated spinach greens, and then topped with a Parmesan type "cheese" and some more mushrooms. I was particularly astounded with the Parmesan because the texture and the flavour was all very "right" for Parmesan (which I happen to adore the taste of). So I was very, very pleased with tonight supper and was able to restrain myself to save myself some casserole for tomorrow, but it was hard. ;0)
If you feel the need for a nice, comfort raw food, check out her full recipe here at http://thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com/2007/12/recipe-of-week-spinach-cream-pasta.html

2 comments:

Green Eyes, Green Heart said...

Mmmm...that looks divine! =]

Charis said...

Thanks! It was really good. I'm going to have to make it again.