Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pink Dressing

DAY 16

Since I’m in the salad dressing rut here, I’ve got to tell you what dressing I made for my supper tonight. After all, salads can be a big part of eating raw; therefore, dressings must be too.

Pink Lady

1/3 c. olive oil
1/3 c. apple cider vinager
1/3 c. of red onion (or a little more, to your taste)
1/3 c. of sweetener (I used dates, but if you use honey the dressing will be pinker)
1 tsp. dry mustard powder
2-3 TB. pure water
pure salt to taste
Whiz it up. Add a tad more of olive oil or water to the consistency you like.

I think that’s it. It’s got a beautiful color and tastes really good in a spinach salad with walnuts or pecans and dried cranberries thrown in.

Tomorrow I get the camera back, so I want to get in the habit of putting my own pictures and creations on this blog.

3 comments:

Keely said...

Oh YUM! That sounds simply de-lish!!!

Charis said...

But beware of onion breath! :0)
Despite it's social problems it's very good. ;0)

shannonmarie said...

When I first saw "pink lady," I thought about the apple (my favorite), but I'm still digging this dressing.